Monday, September 10, 2007

Head for the Cure - 5k run/walk

Spencer, Sienna and I participated in this years' Head for the Cure run/walk that raises money for Brain Tumor Research. A friend of mine from Babyboot camp's Uncle was just diagnosed with Brain Tumor in June 2007. After we signed up for the event we found out that my Dad knew Guy Gronniger as a child. So, that made the event even more special. Then....we found out that a good family friend of Spencer's is dying of brain cancer.....so not only did we participate in the event to help Guy Gronniger but also for Becky West.

Spencer ran the 5k (3.1 miles) while Sienna and I walked and ran part of it. It took Spencer about 26 minutes to finish....it took me 49 minutes. I ran the first mile, then walked the second mile. By the time the third mile hit I was tired.....Spencer meet me at 2.5 miles and took over the stroller. Once I was stroller free I was able to run the last .5 mile to the finish line.

We had a blast and are hoping to participate in next years event as well. In the meantime we will participate in other 5k run walks. Here are some pictures of the team, Spencer and Sienna walking and a close up of our team t-shirts.


Spencer, Sienna, Guy Gronniger and Michelle. Guy is the name sake of the team.... he was diagnosed with brain tumor in June 2007. By August 2007 he was paralyzed. With the help of intense physical therapy, his strong will and his faith he is now able to walk and move around as if he had never been paralyzed. What a miracle of faith!

1 comments:

Katie said...

YOU GO STOREY FAMILY!! Yay to you guys!! Truly inspiring...