I am currently reading this book, I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson. There is a quote in the book that really struck me.
This quote is from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
"You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you, and He will bless you, even- no, especially- when your days and your nights mayb be most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hestitaion and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and weep over their responsibility as mothers, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' And it will make your children whole as well" (" Becuase She Is a mother," 37).
I really needed this quote! Sienna had been sick this week, as well as getting two of her molars. To say the least, she's been a bear! I was having a hard time coping with her and with my responsibilities as a mother. As my job comes to an end people ask me what my plans will be. I respond my saying that I will stay home and be a Mom. I will now say it proudly, it is an Honor to be a Mother, and I am proud to say that I will be a full time Mom to our beautiful Daughter; Sienna.
16 years ago

3 comments:
You're quitting? How exciting! That is a great quote. My little one is still inside but I needed to hear that. I'm so apprehensive about the new challenges that are to come that I start doubting my abilities. It's so awesome that when I tell people I'm quitting to be with my baby, they have all been supportive and encouraging. I guess I expected more people to look down on it. Hopefully that's your experience as well.
Michelle, I don't know what you are leaving behing in a job, but you will never be sorry. I made the choice more than once to be that for LeRand and Larrin. I didn't have that choice for Kimberly, and I recognize the difference in not being able to be with her.
There is no substitute for a good mother and child relationship. Look how far Page has come, and I believe it was by the gift of Heavenly Father and Megan's continual vigil over her as her mother. Seasons come and go, but motherhood is a constant.
I love the quote from Jeffrey Holland
lol
Your Leola Mom in AZ
Post a Comment