Remediation: The action taken to clean up, contain, or remove the risk posed by contamination at a site.
We had mold in the walls! The team came on Friday to start the process. It was supposed to have taken only two days but ended up taking until Monday night at midnight! We now have clean walls, clean carpets and clean toys!
Because of the remediation process we were kicked out of our house and were "homeless" for a few days. We spent the first night at a hotel and really enjoyed the 42 inch flat screen plasma HD TV. It was the best screen to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics on. Then, the second night we spent at my Uncle's house and had the comfort of being in a home rather than a hotel room. The last night was back at a hotel....this time the TV was just a simple old school TV.
On Saturday we came by the house to sign some paper work and to get some more clothes. I was the only one allowed into the house, but had to wear the whole suit! 

(not me in the picture but that is what I had to put on to go inside).
We are now back at home, and the clean up process starts. We will start the panting project tonight once Sienna is asleep. Instead of trying to watch the color to the other walls we decided to paint the entire living room a completely different color!
This is what our living room looks like now:

Absolute Cleaning did a great job! If anyone in Kansas City needs their rugs cleaned, or remediation removal I would recommend These guys.
Absolute Cleaning did a great job! If anyone in Kansas City needs their rugs cleaned, or remediation removal I would recommend These guys.

4 comments:
OH my gosh I had no idea!
Holy cow!! When you told me you had mold, I didn't think it was THIS bad! Whoa! Good thing everything worked out and you are all safe!
I'm so sorry you guys had to do that. I hope insurance pays for it all! Let me know if you need help.
Wow Michelle!! Thatis amazing. But I really think that you should have a picture of you in the suit!!! You should have done a short film on ET too!!! That would have been amazing!!!
Post a Comment